Monero, XMR, is a safer and more secure cryptocoin than BTC. Many markets are leaving BTC behind and becomming Monero only markets. You can easily swap between BTC and XMR on many places, but do your research before you sen any BTC to a service you never used before. Check Dread, read some fresh reviews in order to be as sure as you can to not getting scammed.
Some tips from the guys
While on most markets customers can pay by Bitcoin if they choose to, but some markets only handles Monero. This is not a complete Monero user guide but merely some recommendations for new users.
- We strongly advise against sending coin from an exchange to the market or using an exchange address for refunds as this is a serious opsec error, it may not work or you may lose your coin. Some exchanges add a payment ID to their address and this is not supported.
- We strongly advise against using a web or online wallet. Only use local wallets to store your coins. Remember, if you don't control the private keys, it's not your coin. Web wallets may decide to lock your account, request KYCs or simply decide to steal your money. This applies to every cryptocurrency not just to Monero. So again: use a local wallet like for example Electrum.
- Save your recovery details in a safe place, in a scrambled / encrypted format. If something goes wrong (disk crashes or similar) you can restore your wallet and recover your coin.
Recommended Monero wallets
- Linux, Windows, Mac: The official Monero client from https://web.getmonero.org/downloads/ (clearnet link).
- Android: Monerujo from https://github.com/m2049r/xmrwallet, https://www.monerujo.io (clearnet links), also available on FDroid.
- IOS: Cake Wallet from https://cakewallet.io/ (clearnet link)
We advise against using a mobile phone/tablet for dark net activities if you don't really know what you are doing. Unless properly secured mobile devices are a security and privacy nightmare.
Buy Monero from exchanges:
https://localmonero.co/?rc=aty9 (clearnet version)
Change BTC into Monero or vice versa. Also into most other coins:
Above services was manually verified 2023-03-28 as working, but even so please do your own research before using it for larger quantities.